Soccer Agility – Twister
Agility is a fitness component that is highly specific to soccer. Agility is used throughout a game of soccer in making attacking runs, tracking attackers and eluding defenders. This is an exercise that involves complete body movement and is more specific to a game scenario.
– To provide an agility training exercise in a reactive environment, replicating a game scenario.
– Repeat the colour combination twice to the athlete, before giving the ‘go’ command.
– Ensure athlete sprints between cones.
– A cut manoeuvre must be used to change direction, i.e. outside foot plant inside foot drive.
– Arms cheek to cheek.
– Powerful push back under hips.
– Stable body position out of turns.
– Always finish Continue reading Soccer Agility – Twister